Style-Delights: Lookbook : New York Fashion Week SS2015

September 13, 2014

Lookbook : New York Fashion Week SS2015

The semi-annual fashion circus in New York got concluded. We all love or love to hate NYFW, and interestingly for the same reasons - the big hoopla about the fashion trends, outrageous clothes on the fashionistas, the crowd of bloggers and photographers at Lincoln Center! I love to follow Fashion Week as it is a great source to find out out upcoming fashion trends and even if you don't want to buy high end brands, you can still translate those trends in your wardrobe. Case in point - my skirt in the outfit below. Silk midi skirts and flair dresses were a big part of  Tibi , Kate Spade, Lela Rose, Carolina Herrera, Badgley Mischka Spring 2014 collection (which I had a pleasure to witness last year), but I had no plans to spend $$$ on one skirt (not that anything wrong with it if you can afford!). So I did the next best thing - I got the skirt custom made by picking up taffeta fabric and asking my trusted tailor to make a similar skirt for me! Results are great if I say so myself!
Silk Midi Skirt, Emerald Green Midi Skirt, Full Skirt Outfits, NYFW Street Style
 Top - Zara / Similar
Skirt - Custom / Similar 
Shoes - Nine West / Similar
Silk Midi Skirt, Emerald Green Midi Skirt, Full Skirt Outfits, NYFW Street Style

Silk Midi Skirt, Emerald Green Midi Skirt, Full Skirt Outfits, NYFW Street Style, Zara Tee Shirt

Silk Midi Skirt, Emerald Green Midi Skirt, Full Skirt Outfits, NYFW Street Style, Zara Tee Shirt
So, here is to great fashion trend forecasts and Fashion Week frenzy - whether you love it or hate it!

For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Photo Credit - My blogger friend Zahra of lovezahra.com

4 comments :

  1. I love reading about fashion week. I hope to be able to go to one. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm agree with you: nice work with this skirt! You are right for NYFW!!!! Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jyotti, I am Ada. I have followed your blog for a long while and stopped by before to comment. I wanted to say that this is one of your best outfits. I love every piece you are wearing especially the skirt and shoes. You look lovely.

    Welcome by my blog. Thanks, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same top and i love it
    You have paired it pretty well with green :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!